Q: Why is Dr. Parikh not contracted with or a provider with any insurance companies?
Dr. Parikh is not on any insurance panels and we do not bill or accept payments from insurance companies. Dr. Parikh is considered out-of-network provider. Patients may be able to use their health insurance to help them with clinic costs. You will be provided with a statement after each visit that lists information required by insurance companies to reimburse you directly. This allows our physician to focus on what is best for patients without limitations set by insurance companies.
For patients that wish to use insurance coverage to reimburse for office visit charges, the following may be helpful to ask your insurance company:
- What coverage exists for outpatient mental heath treatment?
- What percent of total charges will be covered if you see an out-of-network psychiatrist?
- What is your deductible for out-of-network mental health clinic visits?
- What is the annual maximum coverage for outpatient mental health?
Q: What are the fees for an appointment at the ADHD Clinic of North Texas?
- Psychiatric care at the ADHD Clinic of North Texas is provided on a fee-for-service basis. An initial visit lasts for approximately 40 to 60 minutes and costs $450.00. Follow-up appointments for medication management are $175.00. Payment is required at the time services are provided. We accept cash and VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards.
Q: Do you accept HSA and Flex Cards for payment?
- Yes. While not directly contracted with insurance, all of our services are considered appropriate medical expenses and can be paid for using your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Benefits (Flex). Make sure to keep all receipts and submit to your insurance for reimbursement or to be counted towards your deductible for the year.
Q: What is a telemedicine visit?
- Telemedicine is the use of telecommunications technology to provide real-time health care to patients at a distance. Our clinic offers secure teleconferencing visits for established clinic patients. New patients must be seen for in person visits at least the first 2-3 appointments prior to be considered for a telemedicine appointment. The patient must be located within the State of Texas to conduct a telemedicine visit with Dr. Parikh.
Q: How frequently will patients need to be seen in the clinic?
- Follow-up visits are determined by the physician but depending on the evaluation, need for treatment, and acuity, they can range from just a one-time consultation to regular appointments for treatment and follow-up. The regular visits can vary between every 1 to 2 weeks and every 2 to 3 months.
Q: Does psychological and neuropsychological testing need to be completed before a diagnosis of ADHD can be made?
- No. Psychological testing is not required. ADHD is a clinical diagnosis requiring a diagnostic clinical interview and assessment. In some cases psychological and/or neuropsychological testing can be helpful to evaluate for learning disorders, intellectual disabilities, personality disorders, or functional weaknesses caused by ADHD on educational performance.
Q: Does Dr. Parikh treat all psychiatric disorders or just ADHD?
- Dr. Parikh is qualified to treat all psychiatric disorders and ADHD is frequently associated with other psychiatric conditions (e.g., anxiety disorders, depression, bipolar disorder, etc.).
Q: What if there is a “No Show” or “Late Cancellation” for an appointment?
- Unless canceled at least 24 hours in advance, our policy is to charge for missed appointments at the rate of 50 percent of the regular fee. The ADHD Clinic of North Texas does NOT double book appointments to insure patients are seen in a timely fashion. When appointments are not canceled 24 hours in advance, there is not enough time to schedule another patient during that appointment time.
Q: Why are prescriptions not considered an emergency?
- All prescriptions refill request require 72 hour notice. It is the patient’s responsibility to monitor the prescription prior to depletion and call the clinic to request a prescription.
3901 Arlington Highlands Blvd, Suite 200
Arlington, TX 76018
Dr. Parikh Tuesdays and Wednesdays
5 PM – 8 PM
5 PM – 7 PM